Nuweiba is not only connected by land, but also by sea! Nuweiba is one of the busiest Egyptian ports on the Red Sea and connects Egypt with Aqaba in Jordan.
There are three options when it comes to crossing the Gulf of Aqaba:
Meenagate Touristic Marine Line : daily passenger-only services between Nuweiba and Aqaba.
What Meenagate offers:
- Marine transportation between Nuweiba and Aqaba on board the 'Babel'
- Sole agent of AB Maritime to arrange all operation from A till Z
- Daily departure; 6am from Nuweiba, 6pm from Aqaba
- Fixed timetable
- Guaranteed departure
- Sailing time 1,5 hours
- Be at the port in Nuweiba: 1 hour in advance
- Be at the Royal Yacht Club in Aqaba: half an hour in advance (sailing with Babel) / be at the passengers terminal Aqaba: 1 hour in advance (sailing with Princess)
Nuweiba- Aqaba - Nuweiba US$ 125
Aqaba - Nuweiba - Aqaba US$ 120
Nuweiba - Aqaba US$ 85
Aqaba - Nuweiba US$ 80
Price includes marine fees and departure tax Egypt and a free soft drink and croissant offered on board. Transport of bicycles is free of charge; but should be registered when booking your ticket.
Offers daily services for the 'slow' car ferry and the daily fast ferry 'Princess'.
More on time table and ticket bookings on their website or at local travel agents in Nuweiba and Dahab.